Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Toxic Tales of Williamsburg Pin-Up #3: Madam Mainstay



Mabel Manicotti has been a Williamsburg resident from before anyone can remember! Possessing a well maintained sanctuary on North 6th Street, few realize that she retains great mystical abilities, coupled with a time/space-bending cosmic lawnchair! From the comfort of her front stoop, Manicotti defends the old way of life from astral regentrification as... Madam Mainstay!



Three days until the show and, true to form, still cranking out pieces. I have a good feeling overall that the work is coming along well and the pieces are looking good. Still, printing and framing and time will tell. Hope to see a good many of you there. For now, enjoy Madam Mainstay.

--B

2 comments:

James said...

Where can I find one of those comic lawnchairs? I thought I saw some at Jack's 99 cents-but that was a few years ago. Those are coming along nicely.

Brendan Tobin said...

Hey James,

Looks like I've got my work cut out for me. I've got to build you a cosmic lawnchair and design a hog head hat for you to wear in said chair. The guy at Jack's said they will restock at the end of the month. As always, I thank you for your continued support. I wish you could make it to the show.

--B