Thursday, April 14, 2011

I Cornered THE BLACK PANTHER (And I Got Scratched!)


This little beauty I drew up and submitted to the blog Cornered, a blog dedicated to the spot illustrations located in the top left corner of comic book covers, typically found on the covers of Marvel Comics over the years. Calamity Jon Morris runs the site and invites artists out in the blogosphere to submit their rendition of their favorite "corners". I chose the Black Panther from Jungle Action #9, published in 1974. The Panther had an amazing run on that title for a good three years, and I highly suggest picking it up. You should all check out the other amazing works at this fantastic blog.

--B

2 comments:

GOGOPEDRO said...

so nice...I should take a stab at one of these...

P

Brendan Tobin said...

Please do! The blog's curator has stated he is running low on submissions.

--B